Welcome to Sensible & Simple Life
Welcome to Sensible & Simple Life
A cozy little blog about simple living, thoughtful choices, everyday creativity, and building a life that feels good without needing it to be perfect.
Hello and welcome. I’m really glad you’re here.
Sensible & Simple Life was born from a desire to live well without going broke, burning out, or feeling like I have to keep up with every trend. I wanted a place to write about the ordinary things that make life feel calmer, cozier, and more meaningful.
I write anonymously, but I’m comfortable sharing a little bit about myself. I’m a woman living in Michigan, and I care about creating a life that feels peaceful, practical, creative, and grounded. Not fancy. Not perfect. Just sensible and simple in the best possible way.
What This Blog Is About
Here, you’ll find a little bit of everything that makes a life both sensible and simple. I like having a place where I can write about the things I’m actually interested in, whether that is saving money, reading a good book, trying a craft, planting something new, or finding a product that truly feels worth it.
This blog may feel a little like a journal at times. That is intentional. I want it to be useful, but I also want it to feel human.
- 💰 Smart spending and saving tips: practical ideas for real budgets, thoughtful purchases, and making the most of what you already have.
- 🛍️ Product picks and reviews: honest thoughts on items that may be worth the money, along with the occasional lesson learned when something is not.
- 🌱 Gardening ideas: beginner-friendly projects, seasonal inspiration, and small ways to enjoy growing things, especially from a Michigan perspective.
- 📚 Book chats: casual thoughts on fiction, nonfiction, cozy reads, useful books, and the stories that stay with me.
- 🎨 Craft projects and DIYs: relaxing, doable projects that give me a reason to slow down and make something with my hands.
- 💡 Passive income and side project ideas: realistic thoughts about earning a little extra without pretending there is a magic shortcut.
Why I Started Writing
I’m not here to sell a fantasy version of life. I’m just a woman trying to make the most of what I have, live with a little more intention, and create a life that feels good even when it is not picture-perfect.
Some days that might mean stretching the grocery budget. Some days it might mean finding a book that helps me relax. Other days it might mean planting something, making something, organizing a small corner of the house, or learning about a simple way to bring in extra income.
The older I get, the more I believe that a good life is often built from very ordinary things. A warm meal. A quiet morning. A project that brings joy. A little money saved. A book that feels like a friend. A home that feels comfortable, even if it is not perfect.
That is the heart of this blog: common sense, creativity, comfort, and small choices that make everyday life feel better.
If You Are New Here
Whether you are here to stretch your budget, dig your hands in the soil, find a new book, try a simple craft, explore a side project, or just enjoy a quiet corner of the internet, I hope you feel welcome.
You can learn a little more about this blog on my About page. If you would like new posts sent to your inbox, you can also visit my Subscribe page.
As this site grows, I may create a Start Here page to make it easier to find favorite posts, helpful topics, and the main categories I write about.
Thanks for Being Here
I hope Sensible & Simple Life becomes a place where you can find something helpful, comforting, or inspiring for your own everyday life.
More than anything, I want this blog to feel like a gentle reminder that life does not have to be complicated to be meaningful. Sometimes the simple things really are enough.
Sensibly and simply yours,
Kat